The scrubbing tower is one of the important purification equipment for gas treatment which has high purification efficiency,compact structure, good-looking appearance and small footprint. Our multi-stage packed wet spray tower is equipped with spray system and multi-sided hollow packing for purification, with small resistance, full contact between gas and liquid, excellent absorption, easy operation, safe operation, low cost.
1.1 Spray tower structure
The spray tower is a circular tower body. It consists of a storage tank, water pump, packing layer, spraying section, air inlet section, air distribution layer, support layer, dewatering packing layer, air outlet section, and drainage system. Easy to operate, install and maintain, high intensity, and small footprint. The functions of each part are as follows:
1) Liquid storage tank – Ensure the circulation of spray liquid, add a liquid pipe to the system, and add a filtrate device to the suction pipe.
2) Water pump – a power equipment that ensures the circulation of spray liquid;
3) Filler layer – in order to expand the contact area between exhaust gas and circulating liquid, and let them make full contact.
4) Spray layer – a spray system installed inside the purification tower, with atomization heads installed on the spray pipes to ensure effective contact between exhaust gas and circulating liquid.
5) Air inlet – Design the air inlet according to the air volume, and a reasonable design can reduce wind resistance and energy consumption.
6) Air distribution layer – can evenly distribute the air volume to the equipment, ensuring the overall treatment effect.
7) Support layer – mainly the support frame for the dehydration packing layer, and also plays a role in strengthening the equipment.
8) Dehydration packing layer – It is the core component of the equipment, which can separate gas and liquid, as well as intercept dust, particles, and flocs in the exhaust gas. The air outlet is the buffer layer and discharge outlet. For specific introduction, please refer to the high-efficiency dehydration and mist removal layer.
9) Drainage system – The waste gas passing through the dehydration filler layer, which contains water, is separated and discharged to the designated location.
10) The material of the spray tower body can be made of S304, 2205, C276, PP, fiberglass, etc. according to the exhaust gas conditions and customer requirements.
1.2 Working principle of spray tower
The working principle of a spray tower is to separate pollutants from the gas and convert them into harmless substances to achieve the purpose of purifying the gas. It belongs to the differential contact countercurrent type, and the packing inside the tower is the basic component of gas-liquid two-phase contact which can provide a large surface area without causing excessive resistance to gas-liquid flow. Absorbent is the main medium for treating exhaust gas, and its properties and concentration are selected based on the characteristics of different exhaust gases. The consumption of absorbent is determined by calculating the amount of absorbent that continuously comes into contact with the filling material, causing the concentration of liquid in the updraft to decrease and reaching the top of the tower to meet the emission requirements.
2 Efficient dehydration and mist removal layer (installed inside the spray tower)
2.1 Application range
The mist removal device is one of the spray tower supporting equipment which is independently developed by our company recently. It is an efficient gas-liquid separation device that integrates dust removal and dehydration. It is widely used in industries such as chemical industry, petroleum, sulfuric acid, medicine, light industry, metallurgy, machinery, construction, aviation, maritime transportation, environmental protection, etc. And the imported equipment for producing ethylene, synthetic ammonia, and chemical fibers. It is mainly used for separating diameters greater than 3μm～5μm droplets.
2.2 Working principle
When a gas with mist rises at a certain speed and passes through the demist layer, due to the inertia of the rising mist, the mist collides with the demist layer and is attached to the surface of the demist layer. The diffusion and gravitational settling of mist on the surface of the demist layer cause the mist to form larger droplets that flow along the demist layer to the intersection of two wires. The wettability of the mist removal layer, the surface tension of the liquid, and the capillary action of the mist removal layer make the droplets grow larger and larger until the accumulated droplets become so large that their own gravity exceeds the combined force of the gas lift and liquid surface tension, and the droplets separate and fall from the mist removal layer. After passing through the mist removal layer, the gas basically contains no mist.
Separate the mist in the gas to improve operating conditions, optimize process indicators, reduce equipment corrosion, extend service life, increase processing capacity and recover valuable materials, protect the environment, and reduce atmospheric pollution.
Simple structure, small volume and resistance, light weight,the high of efficiency of dust removal and dehydration, convenient installation, operation, and maintenance. The mist removal layer has a collection efficiency of 98% -99.8% for mist with a particle size of ≥ 3-5um, while the pressure drop of gas passing through the mist removal layer is very small, only 150-300Pa, which is conducive to improving the production efficiency of the equipment.
1) Simple structure and light weight.
2) High porosity and low pressure drop.
3) Large contact surface area and high defoaming efficiency.
4) Convenient installation, operation, and maintenance.
5) Long service life.